This time last year I was unemployed, broke, and suicidal.
Today, I just got the keys to my first house.
Give it time.
Needed this today
when you hear people preach that it gets better, they aren’t joking. if it’s not better yet, it will be.
this post could literally be saving lives rn and that is why i love this website.
Freshmen be showin up to school on the first day like:
But seniors are just like:
Hi love! To stay motivated:
- First, set a goal that you want to achieve! Make sure it is a realistic and a detailed goal. Not just “I want to lose weight”, but set a numerical goal like I want to lose 5 lbs by the end of the month, or I want to be able to do 30 push-ups in 30 days, or I want to clean & healthy 18 meals out of 21 meals a week.
- Change your perspective! Shift your thinking from I don’t know if I can do this to I know I can do it! It’ll take hard work and dedication but when you achieve your goal, it will be well worth it! Think and act like a champion ;) hehe
- Schedule a regular time to workout. I usually workout everyday after work before dinner around 5-8. If you create a set time, it’ll become your habit and it will motivate you more to actually workout!
- Stop thinking of it as an exercise— but as a hobby or something you enjoy! Before I started my fitness journey, I always dreaded going to the gym, but now I know what exercises I enjoy and which ones I don’t like so it helps me stay motivated! I love swimming, I love doing the stair-master, I love lifting weights, etc! I used to hate running, so I found other exercises that fits me and that I can have fun while doing it :P
- Lastly, always bounce back from your setbacks! We ALL have our bad days, where we want to just binge and eat whatever we want. Or we don’t feel like working out and feel so drained from life, but always know that you can get back up and start again! Whether you have one bad day or one week of bad days, it’s NEVER too late to get back to it :)
I hope this helped somewhat to get you motivated <3
Stop beating yourself up. You are a work in progress - which means you get there a little at a time, not all at once.